Saturday, June 12, 2010

No Pressure?

I was recently told that people in my program placed bets that I would be the first in the cohort to land a job... but so far I haven't even had an official interview. And this is worrisome to these people, because my lack of interviews represents to them something much bigger than my own success/failure.

Part of me has accepted the fact I might not find employment for the upcoming school year, and I have a plan B to address that. But now I feel a bigger responsibility to step up the search and find a position. No, the faculty recommendation did not go anywhere (boo), but I feel like people are depending on me to get a job, so I have to find some magic and make it happen.

What I would give to find the secret to getting an interview. I know that once I get interviews, I will have a job in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment