Sunday, June 13, 2010

10 weeks into Marathon Training

This week comes to an end with a modest 14 miles run, adding to the grand total of 171 miles. It is very possible that next week I will reach my milestone of 200 training miles, and I am very excited about that.

The long run was pushed back until tomorrow, where I will hopefully complete 13 miles. I worry a little bit, with the heat and my right knee acting up, I have no idea what is in store for me. Yesterday's run was cut short from 5 to 3 miles, it was just too hot. No more running later in the day. Besides, running during sunrise is much more invigorating and poetic.

The knee, however, is playing tricks. Yesterday it was fine. Today, I get a shooting pain around mile 3, so I stop and stretch it out. After a few minutes I go into a jog. It is a little sore still, but no shooting pain. Pain is gone by 6 miles. Popped an ibuprofen when I got home, stretched it out, and now I have no problems. It isn't even swollen. So, what is this mystery pain? Will it appear tomorrow? I hope not, I really want to log some miles on Monday!

I haven't been giving stretching the attention it deserves. That is my goal this week. Hit the 200 milestone and make a better effort to stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment