Saturday, June 19, 2010

Good Things: Late Edition

The best thing this past week? Getting an interview for a nearly perfect teaching opportunity, and then getting asked back for a second interview. I was SO happy when I got the news for round two, I cried. Seriously. It felt so good to have a principal tell me I interviewed well and for that person to feel comfortable talking with me about the next interview and where they see the position growing. I felt a real connection, and it made me incredibly happy. In fact, that time I wept tears of joy was at Mike and Raquel's wedding. No joke. I was that happy. I am going into interview two with such tenacity, there is no way they will consider anyone else. I am going to be that good ;)

Another good thing is knowing that I have made friends in the credential program that will be friends for the long haul. Connecting with people, doing what I love to do, and just being to relax in someone else's company is a blessing. On a recent hike with a teacher friend of mine, we talked about relationships and friends. We came to the conclusion that your twenties are all about negotiating and navigating relationships: realizing that different relationships serve different purposes, transitioning from the idea that everyone is either your best friend or they are not, and learning to balance near and far relationships, learning when to go the extra mile to hold on and when to let go. I have a better appreciation of acquaintances and learned to accept people for what they are without being too judgmental.

Good things coming up: cheese. I bought very tasty cheese on the coast and on Tuesday (if I can wait that long) we will feast! One is Cypress Grove's Humboldt Fog, a soft ripened goat cheese with an ash ribbon, so salty and delicious.
The other is Red Hawk by Cowgirl Creamery, a full flavored triple cream washed in brine. I am seriously considering becoming a cheese connoisseur.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you'd get the 2nd interview! Can't wait to hear about how it goes. I know that you will "wow" them. I am so glad that you can see yourself at this school! You have really worked hard. For a long time.

    Two things, I am so glad to hear that: hiking was good and CHEEESE for next week. I hope that you can hold off eating it. If, not. I understand.

    ReplyDelete