Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 6 of Training


Week 6 of training has come to a close, and I climbed back into the saddle just in time. No, my big plans for the week didn't work out quite as how I expected, but I did log 17 miles this week, including an 11 mile run, which is a new training milestone. I broke the 100 mile training landmark as well!

This week, I did the gels much better on the long run, having a strawberry honey stinger (yum!) and a jet blackberry gu, as well as strawberry gu chomps (chews). All seemed to work out quite nicely! My pace was a little slower than usual, but that is to be expected after a 12 day hiatus. Today's run was great, with deer, wild turkeys, bunnies and geese. I am so happy to have such great places to run.

So, the total training mileage to date is 113.5 miles. Thats the distance between Truckee and Davis! This week, I plan of doing some speed intervals and weight training, as well as run 35 miles. Now that I have more time, I hope to increase my mileage and start building a longer midweek run.

No comments:

Post a Comment