Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Moving makes me SICK!

There is something about packing and moving that is physically revolting to me. I hate doing it, and have done it nearly every year for the past 10 years straight. Packing boxes and making moving arrangements makes me sick to my stomach, literally nauseous and sucking the life out of me. At first I thought it was dehydration and now I am quite certain it is stress. It just isn't my time to become settled yet. Boo.

The only way I can escape it is to get out of the house and see people. So once a day I try to plan a little something to keep me from feeling like puking my brains out all day long. Get out and chat with people who make me smile and help me forget the stress of sorting through past memories and dealing with the aftermath of a really long year.

Moving the training schedule back a day this week and dropping a cross-training day. There were not enough hours in the day to get in my 4 miles, so I have set my alarm to rise bright and early for my easy run. Hopefully it will help me prepare for a little more packing and make it all a little less sickening.

Am I weird? Does moving/packing/major changes make anyone else sick? Like food poisoning feeling, stomach sitting in your throat, extreme yuckiness?

8 comments:

  1. Yes, It makes me sick. Ive moved almost every year for the past 10 years too. To 4 different states, and to Mexico (and multiple times within those places). It never gets easier. But sometimes the change is good. I stressed myself out so bad over moving to Chicago this year. But so far, it has been better than expected- although I miss San Fran ALOT.

    Hope you find peace about the move soon. Im sure the running helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found this searching for "moving makes me sick!" The same thing happens to me. This is my third move over and I am only moving across town after uprooting myself from my hometown 150 miles away one year ago. So this is my second move in two years. I never moved as a child and now, at 31, I find myself longing for roots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now that I got my job back, I am moving back: an 8 hour journey. I am thankful to be working but really really crave some stability and consistency!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks los angeles movers

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks movers in santa monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your b!.. movers pasadena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. fischervanlines.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. fischervanlines.com

    ReplyDelete