Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A good morning to run

3 miles/ 33:03

Todays short little easy run was FANTASTIC. Contributing factors:


  • After a full day of not feeling sick anymore, I went to bed looking forward to my AM run. Alarm set, went to sleep early, I was prepared!
  • Left the tunes at home. Even though I though ahead to make sure the shuffle was charged, I was so excited to run I didn't want the distraction. First time running without music this training cycle, I was super focused on how I felt instead of just getting through it. A VERY good sign that more good things are to come.
  • Cool thick marine layer. I love running on grey mornings. This is typical of regions where wine grapes are grown, so I am glad that the regions I do most of my training are both known as wine country!


I am super stoked about the 11:00/mi pace. Today I felt like a runner and not someone slogging around imitating jogging. I know that many people still consider 11:00 miles "jogging" but for me it is definitely running. I didn't struggle with the running blahs I usually have to battle through for the first 3 miles of my run. I get a different mindset with shorter runs, non of the mental struggle of knowing you are going to be suffering running for 2-3 hours instead of 30ish minutes.

I doubt my 6 mile tempo will average 11:00/mile pace but I do think it is going to be a good run. I am getting excited about training again. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment