Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bucket Lists

The other night I started compiling my bucket list. Back in 2008, I told myself I would run a marathon some time before I die. Only 2 and a half years later, I made that dream a reality, and this has me thinking about other things I could put my mind to and experience sooner than later. Although I have some things down, I know I am forgetting a ton of stuff I swore I would do sometime in my life. Opening up my backpacker magazine reminded me that I wanted to hike the Narrows in Zion National Park, so I added it to my list. So, I ask you, what is on your bucket list? What do you feel you need to do before you die so you can leave this world satisfied, knowing you lived life well? So far my themes have been travel, athletic accomplishments, family/personal goals, property/things, and events. Do you have different themes on your list? What things on your lists have you already accomplished?

In the next couple weeks, I am thinking about posting my list. I want to get it up to 101 or some other fun number so I can give it a kitchy title like "101 things to before I am dead". So far I can only think of 20 things, and I can't decide if that means I am a blank slate/free spirit or if I just don't expect more out of life. Help inspire me!

2 comments:

  1. I want to write and illustrate a children's book. There are many, many places that I want to visit. I want to take classes on cooking, photography, painting, and piano. I want to have kids (not too soon but one day).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about all the classes I decided I wanted to take and all those side jobs I want to have just for the heck of it. Thanks Jes!

    ReplyDelete