Saturday, June 25, 2011

OK Trent, we're cool

More vacation posts (like swimming with sharks!!!) coming soon.

Today is kind of a big deal. It's the birthdate of Trent Vincenzo Nelepovitz. You probably don't know his name now, but let me tell you, this kid is going to be something BIG. Trent, this post is for you.

I've had kinda a hard time accepting you, although I tried hard not to show it. I really love your mom, she is my best friend and pretty much the sister I never had. We have laughed and cried, got to business and caused some trouble together. And then you, little blessing and bundle of joy, just show up and everything is going to change.

Change for the better.

I was so worried that I would be loosing my Bestie, that our lives would be so different because she would be 100% mommy, something I have no idea how to relate to. I didn't expect that I would be obsessing over your arrival as the date approached, anxiously wondering if you would be born on the Tahiti vacation your parents were originally planned to be on until the wonderful news of your pending arrival. Driving to the hospital in Vallejo when I stopped getting updates, worried about you and your mama. Checking my phone and computer like a mad woman to make sure I didn't miss a thing.

Driving to the hospital you were planned to be born at, I started thinking about you and how great you are going to make your family. I pictured you with your daddy playing ball as you start to learn to walk, you with your mommy giving her big hugs and melting her heart every time you walked in the room. It took everything I had to hold back the tears of joy while thinking about how beautiful you are going to make life to two of the most important people in my life.

I felt like a kid who is getting a little brother. Why was I so worried about you crashing the party? I should have know all along that your genetics are going to make you the life of the party, the guy everyone loves and craves to have around.

Now I see how amazing you are, all 8 pounds 12 ounces of you. Knowing the sheer pleasure and delight you bring to your Mother and Father brings me to my knees. I am probably going to cry the first time I hold you because I know how special you are.

Trent, you have shown me the importance of family and being close to the people you love. Your mom and dad couldn't have done this without your grandmas and grandpas. You are a lucky kid, you have so many amazing people just waiting to love on you.

I am glad we worked this out before you got here. And I am sad to say that now you're here and the party has started, I have to go. Your mom and dad have shown me so much about love and life, and I really hope I can find someone so I can have a little one as amazing as you someday. We both have new chapters of our lives to start, and I need to start mine with a solid safety net of family close by.

Don't worry kid. I am ALWAYS here for you, ALWAYS rooting for you, and ALWAYS believing in your potential. Even if I am 700 miles away.

Love Always,

Auntie Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment